Old 12-07-2018, 10:45 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
PalmerSage

Hi all! I'm checking in a little late today because I spent my morning in meetings at my kid's school (trying to demystify the course enrollment process) followed by a trip to the car repair shop and a multitude of other random errands and tasks. There are several situations brewing at work, the most annoying of which is one of my managers who is unhappy at her job (sound familiar, NL?) I put her in charge of a project which is very important to me, but she told me yesterday that she does not buy into the "why" and needs me to step back in and make it work, since she has other stuff to do anyway. Ummm, ok? I tried to be the new and improved PS and listen empathetically to all her BS excuses, but I honestly just wanted to drop-kick her out of my office, like come on girl. This is the same person I've complained about before, someone who I considered a friend even though she is also my employee, but who I honestly don't like that much anymore.

NL, I'm really sorry about your friend. 61 is very young, and I can definitely see how it would cause you to try to reflect...but then the holiday madness on top of your work madness kind of defers that! One thing I'll say about the holidays is that I am in the process of implementing a system, whereby I purchase catagories of gifts and give them to multiple people (and I do like to bake, so I will hopefully start that this weekend). Gift card+coffee/cookies/candy+heartfelt card (x20)=done! And then...Amazon. Thank God we're in an age where we can sit down for an hour and knock out half our list! Although I do hear you about the year of no (and seriously, can retirees please not delegate to us?!)

Sunflower, NC, Chase (where are you?), Dee, I hope you all have a good day and check in soon.