Old 12-07-2018, 03:58 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Numblady

Hey everybody!

Chase, please let us know you are okay. I will try to PM you later.

Palmer, I hear you. I am wanting to feel peaceful and serene and thankful (especially after attending the funeral of a pretty young attorney yesterday—more on that below) but I am still utterly drowning in work and then somehow supposed to help keep up with school projects, gifts for teachers, after school providers, our adopted family, my staff, our helpers (housekeeper, sitter), our family and then my MIL asked me to pick out her gifts for the kids to boot! She and my mom did the same thing last year. I told my husband about it and he was like just say no. That he talked to someone who was making this year or next year the year of no. I’m into that. So I told her no. And I”ll tell my mom the same thing. Since when did the mom of the kids start having to do the shopping of the other people too?! I have not bought a single gift. Do not have a pet sitter lined up. Have company coming to stay the weekend starting this evening and I’m about to hyperventilate because it will be fun but I can’t get any work done and I”m so behind. I’ve got to not let it overwhelm me and just try to tackle a couple of things at a time. And try to look at how far I’ve come.

Sorry for whine! I really as going to try and talk about how I went to that funeral yesterday for someone who worked for us. It was totally unexpected. She was pretty young (61). Seeing the slideshow they played —seeing her as a young girl, young woman, young mom, grandmother, wife—it was just so powerful. One day we are holding our first baby, or going to the school dance, or at the beach with our grandkids, and then it can all just vanish. I came home wanting to hold my precious babies so tight, and be a kinder wife. Of course this lasted about 4 minutes before my son was having a complete meltdown on the floor, I was slamming a door and walking out, and I wished I had some kind of vice to numb me out! But of course I’m ultimately glad I didn’t. And I’m trying to keep this all in the back of my mind while work tugs at my every bit of attention. Or just about every bit of it.

I am very grateful for where I am as opposed to this time last year. I remember this same friend visiting (the daughter of my beach friend, sister to the guy who disappeared and ultimately got sober— around the time of our vacation) and just getting plastered. I remember talking about how much we all drank and saying, sadly, that’s just my normal. She herself has a definite drinking issue and used to be in AA (e.g. she was drinking a beer one morning last time she visited). So between her and my husband it should be an interesting weekend. But also sweet and fun. We’ll do some holiday stuff with the kids. Heck, maybe I’ll even find some gifts for the laundry list of people I’ve got on my mind.

Sunflower, hope the day was uneventful—or only eventful in good ways.

NC, sorry for the continued drama. I hear you on that. I stewed all night on one of my managers who is unhappy in her job and said some pretty unpleasant things in a very passive aggressive way yesterday. So now I need to deal with that. Not too dramatic but it wears one out mentally as the work itself is hard enough.

Okay time for yoga bye!