Old 12-06-2018, 03:25 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
PalmerSage

Hi all! Well, yesterday was a decent day, but not great. I'm in total denial that it's less than 3 weeks until Christmas, and I haven't found a single gift (not that I've been looking that hard, of course). I had high hopes that I would enjoy the season like Sunflower described, but it's just been a lot of preoccupation with the house stuff and aimless shopping online for overpriced chandeliers. Whenever I start feeling like this, I need to remind myself that I can make a choice to shift my focus to what's important, especially enjoying my family instead of sometimes feeling like they are holding me hostage in an endless cycle of bickering and complaining (mostly my kids, but my husband and I too).

I did have a good moment at bedtime last night, just thinking about where I was a year ago and appreciating how far I've come. I read through some threads from the Newcomers Forum by people who have been sober for a couple of days (or less), just being thankful that I'm not dealing with the same old issues anymore.

NewChapter, I'm sorry to hear that work has overtaken you but I'm glad you're driving by! Hi to Numblady, Sunflower, Dee, and Chase. Have a good day!