Old 12-05-2018, 04:02 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
PalmerSage

Hi all! I'm sorry for not checking in yesterday, I typed something up but was then interrupted before I could post it. One of my kids is having some stomach issues that cause a lot of pain, usually in the middle of the night and probably related to stress. So, we were up at 2 a.m. with lots of drama and I ended up spending most of yesterday in a fog. Luckily, everything seemed OK last night and we all got some much-needed sleep.

I decorated the Christmas tree the other night, and it was pretty fun and made this sad rental house much more festive. As with most things, I'm much less worried about perfection, which feels pretty freeing.

Numblady, I hear ya on the eating front. After reading your post, I actually went and adjusted my weight goal (which I had set for my sobriety date) down by 5 pounds, which is much more realistic and the right thing to do. Since I was pretty overweight by the time I stopped drinking, I felt like I needed to address my food issues sooner than later, but it's such a slippery slope to the other extreme, and really, the objective is some kind of balance (which as an alcoholic, I obviously excel at, hahaha).

Chase, I hope the family is doing well and you're getting lots of insight from your therapy sessions!

Hi to NewChapter, Sunflower, Dee, and anyone else out there (Scotty?) I hope everyone has a great day.