Thread: Day 2 here
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2018, 10:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
getright15

Sure, I have no problem answering, and would love to help anyway I can.

Well, I think at times I have gotten to comfortable with the situations, like this previous time was an argument that brought up some old feelings. I was walking on eggshells with myself. I wasn't sure how to feel about anything(next job, depressed, marriage, finances, etc). Looking at the mess instead of 1 problem at a time 1 day at a time. It is easy to make yourself overwhelmed after a sea of carnage left behind cause of drinking. I don't put limits on myself such as this time etc because I don't know the future, but I can say that I know I want sobriety.

My wife asked me tonight if I was a dry drunk. I told her NO I'm not because what am I missing right now about actually drinking?
Nothing, I look at myself in the mirror everyday drunk or not, and I see a shell of himself. Do I want to bounce back? Hell yea I do. As far as advice. Everyone one will tell you that you have to want it more than anyone else wants you to be sober. Alcohol is a cunning, baffling and powerful monster. I'm still on the AA path and still have my sponsor and grandsponsor, but the same time its not easy. Nobody said it was going to be either. All you can do is pick yourself, and tomorrow will be here in no time. Go to sleep sober tonight you will be guaranteed to wake up the same way. My grandsponsor told me about a month ago " You've been kicking your own ass..when are you going to put down the shovel and stop digging?"

If you havent dug yourself a hole yet please dont. I want to see others succeed just as badly as I want to succeed.

Originally Posted by Rd2quit View Post

Do you know why you end up eventually drinking again after 30 days or more sober? When you do decide to have a drink after a sober streak do you tell yourself "this time I'll keep it under control?" Why do you think this time sobriety will stick? Do you have any advice for a person like me who is new to recovery? Sorry about all the questions, of course you dont have to answer them.