Thread: Day 2 here
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2018, 09:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Rd2quit

Getitright,

I am new to this forum and recovery. Of course I also want to stay sober. I like reading everyone's posts and I truly hope everyone will maintain lifelong sobriety.

I have read through many of your previous posts. I want to say thank you for staying on this forum and being so open and honest. You deserve to have a happy life. I cant say just being sober will bring you happiness, but I know drinking will only bring more pain and difficulties.

Your posts also make me a bit nervous. you have had multiple 30 days and longer steaks without drinking but they have all ended. Of course, there are many others that this happens to as well. I am brand new to recovery and I really need this to work.

Do you know why you end up eventually drinking again after 30 days or more sober? When you do decide to have a drink after a sober streak do you tell yourself "this time I'll keep it under control?" Why do you think this time sobriety will stick? Do you have any advice for a person like me who is new to recovery? Sorry about all the questions, of course you dont have to answer them.