View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 04:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
rider

New drug called sober

Hi everyone,

Okay so it's only day 4, but this new drug called being sober is pretty awesome.

sleep: i don't sleep soundly yet, but i didn't sleep soundly when i pretty much passed out by 9:00 pm and woke up at 3:00 am, then fell back to sleep by 6:00 am, then got up at 6:30 to get my daughter off to school. i was always in a sleepless kind of hangover fog. so the sleep i am getting is a better caliber of sleep i think. i know others have posted this perception also.

energy: i've always been a high energy person even when drinking, but much more so when not drinking. (thinking back to when i was 27). actually, i could almost feel myself launch into orbit sometimes. maybe part of using alcohol was to calm myself??? whatever it is, i'll take the super high energy without alcohol and find other ways to calm myself.

no lack of things to do: actually there is much i put off doing because of time wasted drinking and always a "sometimes a little, sometimes alot" of a hangover (plus the poor sleep quality). with 1 daughter, 5 acres, 2 horses, a dog and cat, a house i'm renovating, a full time job, and an ex-partner who never helped out, i was always busy. but now i am getting to the little things. plus i make quilts, so i have that too. maybe won't have to rip out so many seams now for lack of poor attention.

i was a highly functioning drinker, even on my worst days i got alot accomplished, but in a bit of a fog and looking forward to 5:30 to have a drink. this is much, much better.

thanks for listening. wishing everyone a great, brand new sober day.

linda