View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 01:02 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
orderfororder

Wow, dafunbra. If I received 37 e-mails from anyone I'd feel stressed, let alone from an ex who I've had a bad falling out with. Glad you stayed strong. I think you'll find that times where it is stereotypical for others to drink (times of high stress) are the absolute best times to stay sober. This way, you can let the external craziness pile up on itself rather than getting drunk and possibly participating in it.

---

Today is 51 days for me. I had to go back and count because I had stopped counting. The number is nice to know, but what is more important to me is my dedication to stop drinking. I don't think about drinking much these days except for when I'm bored, but even then the thought isn't a temptation, but rather a reminder of the state of things: "time seems slower because you're used to drinking to pass the time."

I keep myself busy, work hard. Not worried about parties nor do I have a "fear of missing out." Christmas and New Years will be fine. There will be parties upon parties until the end of time, I can miss a few. I'm not ready to go back into those environments yet. Having all of this sober time has really led me back to figuring out who I am, something I seem to have tried to put off by staying drunk. The journey has just begun, it feels like.