View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 11:24 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
dafunbra

Good afternoon. Decided to take a moment to vent just a tad. So please bear with me and let me get this out.

I received 37 email messages from my ex-wife yesterday. All of which had to do with the fact that my daughter is having surgery today and my ex is going to have to write a check and she wants a boatload of money from me. In her first couple of emails she was saying that I owed her a bunch of money for my portion of the out-of-pocket medical expenses that have happened over the last few years. We've already gone to court over this issue this past summer. I have a court order dated July 20, 2018 signed by her attorney, my attorney and the judge stating that I was paid up through that date and owed her nothing.

I pointed this out to her in responding to the first couple of emails, even sending her a pdf copy of the court order. Made no difference. Started threatening to have me thrown in jail (she and her lawyer request that in EVERY filing they have made post-divorce, one of which happens about every 2-3 months) and various other things unless I paid her the amount she said I owed her RIGHT NOW. I quit responding and just kept forwarding them to my attorney.

I didn't drink yesterday but I am so tired of this bs. I was literally shaking before I read the first email and then when I told her she was incorrect she just blew up. I didn't even know my daughter was having surgery and still don't know where or what for. I just want any dealings I have with her to be done and over for good. She is just a toxic person and I can't have that kind of contact with her if I want to keep my sanity and my sobriety.

Thanks for reading that. Rant ended. Did have a good evening at IOP last night and stopped briefly to help my friend put her kids to bed afterwards. Tonight's agenda will involve helping her 13 year old finish his Argentina project and then helping him with his algebra homework. Very much looking forward to every bit of that. 29 days today, with yesterday by far being my most serious test to date. I read on here a lot last night after I got home. Y'all are a great help to me. Thank you.