View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 10:50 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Chaisson

Afternoon, late check-in for me. My arse has been dragging today after the event last night. Actually had a good time, and enjoyed the live music and conversation. I didn't notice one person who seemed to have overdone it, and even more curiously how controlled and slowly others sipped their drinks as we talked. That was and will never be me. Damn amateurs.

BF - way to clock 3 weeks! Very honest, real list you posted. When we look through sober eyes at how it really was - what we did, how we felt and how unhappy we were - it's quite astounding the lengths we went to as we continued to justify our drinking and accept the miserable consequences. The choice seems so clear now, and the bit of struggles now seem to pale in comparison. You really do have this.

RAL - sorry for your weather woes. As you say, "calm and sober". That is Word.

TJ - I like your introspection and decision to not make a move until your sobriety is stronger. Those with longer-term sobriety seem to say we shouldn't take on too much or make any big life changes this early on. I know I've got some weighty life decisions to make but want more sober time and clarity of mind under my belt.

CP - pecan pie is also a major weakness of mine this time of year. Can't say I felt too guilty over my gluttony last week but pretty soon my waistline is going to have a long chat with me.

Bonnie - sorry you have conflicting feelings and stressors with your anniversary and daughter's activity. As a member of the Y chromosome contingent that clearly knows very little about which he speaks, I know that real time, in the moment communication from my wife works best and minimizes ongoing resentment. My wife often says we have a failure to communicate, but I maintain we have a failure to resolve conflict. I've concluded that marriage and relationships are harder than being sober!

Hi Phil, Citrus, Bronco and everyone else.