View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 03:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
ClearPath64

Wow, so many great posts on here that I would like to respond to, but my work week is just not allowing much extra time. This weekend. I'm going get on here and get caught up on Saturday morning. You guys are doing great. I'm back on track. Just the one hiccup day last Saturday. 23 out of 24, or 24 out of 25, days sober in this streak, or something like that.

So I finally got rid of the nemesis that lurked in my fridge since Thanksgiving. Couldn't force myself to pitch the leftover pecan pie, but I vowed to show some restraint. Didn't happen. Once the sweet tooth struck after dinner, I pulled that sucker out and went to work. I'm pretty sure that this particular pie packed 200 calories in every forkful, so I haven't felt too great about myself in the aftermath. Anyway, it's gone. I can move on with my life.

Have a good day everyone. BF, I love your post about the person you had become. Great reminder of what alcohol really does for us. Yet our mind somehow tries to convince us that we are missing something when we let it go.