Old 11-28-2018, 10:22 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Glenjo99

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
The reason you are where you are right now is because you really saw him for what and who he is.

Not some start football player that looks so good, not some charming guy that people admire - but the real guy that sponges off his cousin, has no job (and isn't looking for one) is drunk and rude and unkind and manipulative.

That's him.

He's lied about wanting to quit drinking and about being in "recovery" and tapering.

He took off to recover and he could not speak to you for 5 months while he sought help but maybe, MAYBE he would contact you when he did his amends.

Guess these are his "amends". Offering you a diet coke and can you drive me to get some alcohol?

Why doesn't have have a car or a license by the way.

You now, the guy has a lot, A LOT, of growing up to do. When you speak of him his responses and comments are a lot like what you would expect from a young teen, not a grown up person.
Huge amount of growing up to do. Wouldn't be in any position for a relationship for a long time. I've questioned today why couldn't I just be friends with him, support him and be there for him. I guess I couldnt, emotions kept getting in the way. Just because he's not ready for a relationship doesn't mean he won't get into one. He will get onto the online Sites and reel in some unsuspecting Codependent female. His bubble is bursting quicker each time now, people aren't sticking around as long, think that's what happens as we get older, that soft landing isn't as plentyful. His cousin however will be there forever. Maybe she's a bigger person than I could be. She did take him in off the streets.