View Single Post
Old 11-24-2018, 07:27 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  
trailmix

Originally Posted by daveycrockett View Post
I know the help is there if I ask but you know the story. In July 2016 my ex took me to the place I fear most and I was judged by the staff and also asked if I was homeless. They assumed because I was scruffy and didn't shower I was homeless. I told my story and the truth and they had my address.

I can't help but notice the holidays are happening all around me. The people here decorate and put lights and wreaths and things up. When I talk to my son we talk about Christmas and I bought him some gifts. I don't make the holidays important but it is a time for happiness and cheer and visiting relatives and friends.

I know I don't need to apologize but I can imagine you and Astro and others must at least get frustrated. I'm honestly a bit surprised anyone here is still talking to me. I don't know if I'll get the strength and courage to get help, I suppose time will tell.
​​​
No, not frustrated, I think Astro said this so well:

Every one of us is different and unique in that it takes what it takes, I wasn't on a time clock to receive recovery and I don't expect anyone else to be.
That's it, we are here for support.

Yes, gallbladder pain is absolutely terrible. It's also something that requires treatment. I know you have probably already googled it and already know all the information.

On the upside! Surgery to remove it is simple and the recovery time is a few weeks but is not overly painful (can be completely non-painful even) and basically requires an overnight stay at most (when done using laparoscopy). So should you need to act, please try to keep it in perspective as it is a common operation.

Now I know, none of that is even remotely comforting to you at all not even a little bit right now, just wanted to mention it in case you do decide to address it.

It's great to hear that you managed to clear more of the boxes out, that's huge progress. I know eating is difficult right now as well, but you are keeping at it and that will help a lot.

As for the holidays, are there people in your complex you could maybe invite over for short visits? Wasn't there that nice woman who made the cookies that time?