View Single Post
Old 11-19-2018, 12:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
DriGuy

Originally Posted by Vinificent View Post
I still consider the universe and karma to be my higher power. What I mainly came to believe is that we need to let it go...who or what that is to doesn’t matter as much as having faith that your burden will be relieved and we will be guided on the right path if that is where we need to be. I know it doesn’t make much sense but neither does the idea of an all knowing being in the form of a human male 🤷🏾*♂️
All my failures and successes are a combination of my choices and a bit of good or bad dumb luck. If something is wrong with my life, it's my responsibility to take steps to fix it. If I need help, I seek out help from a source that has a proven track record and demonstrable expertise. Many observable and predictable things are more powerful than I, and I have a limited amount of actual control over things outside of my own choices. And at that, some philosophers would argue that I have no control over my own choices either. However, I'll ignore them, until they can actually demonstrate they know what they are talking about.