View Single Post
Old 11-16-2018, 02:02 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Themechanic

Originally Posted by MantaLady View Post
I found this that I had written in a note pad. I did this a few times once I had started drinking so when I got the itch to call someone this note would be next to my phone and laptop to remind me I was drunk and to not call people. I used to think I sounded fun and upbeat but in reality I sounded drunk and embarrasing.

This was in a notepad from about 6 years ago and I only stopped drinking this year so it shows how long I have been aware of the problem and also how long I did little to nothing of substance to change it!
I had an aunt that used to call me in the middle of the night drunk as a skunk, her husband (my uncle) had died and for some reason she would call me completely out of her mind drunk, and start telling me she loved me and such. It got really bad and I got mad when I confronted her because she had her 12y/o son living with her. She never remembered calling me. I looked out for her for a few years but I'm glad she found somebody now, I'm off the hook. She's still a raging alcoholic. But her son is doing ok.

Anyway that depressing story aside. It's Friday morning here and I need something fun to do on Saturday! Has to be active and alcohol free! My kid wants to go bowling but that's way to much trigger for me, my girl wants to go hiking in the woods but I've done plenty of that lately anyone have any other ideas? I don't feel like hanging around the house near a fridge full of beer!