View Single Post
Old 11-16-2018, 12:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
MantaLady
Ocean Lover!

You are a weekender ledgend and all round inspiration Gilmer, 5 years is bloody amazing as are you! xx

I am in people! Today I am finishing off getting all the powdery tile grout off the porcelain tiles in my bathroom. Been washing the walls for years and this powdery film just reappeared as soon as it dried but found this stuff I can paint on and then a little scrub and bingo it’s gone!! Then I have to repaint the bathroom ceiling and the architrave round the door and that’s another room done.

My mission to clear out my life and home is nearly complete. Over the past few months since I returned from rehab I have gone through every single item I own in the house and shed. Found angry letters I wrote 15 years ago to an ex I never sent, diaries and notepads (over 100 notepads) where I found notes I wrote to myself that changed nothing and years later found the same note in another notepad, emptied every drawer, box, book, thrown away lots of lotions and potions to keep me looking young as they were out of date.

I have taken nearly 60% of the contents of this house to the refuse dump or charity shop or given away to a neighbor! This house was an extension of how I used to feel about myself and how I handled life, full of broken things I couldn’t let go of, stuff shoved in the back of drawers and cupboards hoarded like negative emotions I couldn’t deal with.

1 more week and this place will be done and it’s been such a cathartic exercise and I am starting to feel free and not like I am carrying the world and old negative energy on my shoulders.

Hope everyone is doing good! xx