View Single Post
Old 11-14-2018, 03:45 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
trailmix

Originally Posted by MCESaint View Post
Well, first - thanks for asking!!

As for the update -- we had a court date scheduled for yesterday. It appears that she hired her own lawyer and he requested a continuance.

MY lawyer and I (yes, I hired my own lawyer for the CPO) objected to the continuance (I usually don't do that, but since this was an ex parte order, I instructed my lawyer to object). The Court granted the continuance anyway (which I knew that it would), but made it clear that the temporary order remains in effect.

Next court date is 11/30.

So, to recap: AW and her lawyer have to live with the fact that I have complete control over DS until at least 11/30. Which, I find (for them) to be an odd litigation strategy.

My guess is that the court will appoint a GAL (guardian ad litem) -- but since AW is supposedly going to a "sober living" facility and doesn't have a license to drive, I'm not sure exactly where she thinks this is going.

Meanwhile, I hope to take some time off between old job (ending this Friday) and starting new job in beginning of December.

MCE Saint.
So you did decide to go with the new job, I missed that if you posted it earlier, congratulations on that!