Thread: He's Gone
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2018, 01:14 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
SaveHer

I come here when I am confused. I come here when I am hurting. And I come here because I know that my friends and family will never understand what I'm going through the way you all do. SR has been a godsend in my life.

What I do not come here for is to walk on eggshells and mince words when I'm already completely stressed out and in emotional pain. I am not here to offend people, nor do I wish to defend myself when people seem offended by the innocuous things I've said. I am disheartened by the misinterpretations of my posts.

Dandy, my use of the word "platitude" was not a criticism of any user's post. "It's for the best" is something I even tell myself when I can't handle the disappointment and guilt I feel as in...

I wanted a happy, nuclear family, but he didn't want it more than he wanted to drink. Oh well, it's for the best.

I wanted a healthy, sober co-parent, but he didn't want that more than alcohol either. Oh well, it's for the best.

I at least wanted the hope of him one day being a part of our daughter's life, but he just moved hundreds of miles away to be with some other woman and her daughter. Oh well, it's for the best.

I just feel responsible today, however irrational and antithetical to the truth that feeling may be; I cant stop thinking that I pushed him away, and if I hadn't gotten the restraining order, maybe things would have turned out differently. And I just need the support of people who can knock some sense into me and tell me it's not true.