View Single Post
Old 11-13-2018, 12:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
WoundedOne

Final ending of this insidious disease

I just wanted to give a big thank you to all of the people here

I've lurked on here and written a few times and got good feedback. This forum helped me tremendously.

I was in a near 5 year relationship with my 34 year old girlfriend. On October 27 I got a call that she had been found dead in her apartment face down on her bed. I had a dream 2 days before that she had died. The funny thing is she had been dead a couple days the coroner said. I think she tried to tell me in my dream that she passed away. I always felt so connected to her.
Needless to say it was the result of years of alcoholism. No doubt about that . I have yet to get an autopsy ruling on the cause. The police found an open vodka bottle in her closet 3/4 was gone. She has had issues since she was 14-15 years old. So young to have died this way. She had recently lost her job, car, family, me and friends. I think the last straw was losing her 5 year old precious daughter. Sent her into a sever depression. She wouldn't eat, drink hardly slept in the end. She just gave up . I always thought a bottom would help her and spur her on to recovery. She hit her bottom with a thud and died. I am heartbroken even through all the crap she put me through. She did have a kind soul deep under the alcoholism. I loved her !

I am so grateful for this site and to all the brave people who post on here. It is a hard existence to love an alcoholic. One that comes with great pain.
I have to believe this situation I experienced, loving my alcoholic girlfriend , has made me a better person inside. I found that I could love no matter what. And that I am a strong person. I am grieving and will be for some time. I try an take solace in the fact she is not suffering anymore.

Kris