Thread: post?
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 03:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by HFA
Well still here. AV is playing the foul mood angry card.
HFA,

So, now that you’ve made your Big Plan - I will never drink again - your Addictive Voice is moody and angry?

Cool! Way to go! Your poor little BEAST is all scared of your absolute control over it and that you can abstain perfectly for the rest of your life.

Everything is getting on my nerves.
Wait. What are you saying? Your nerves? You’re saying YOU are moody and angry because you can’t get stupid drunk? Don’t you mean “Everything is getting on ITS nerves?”

'Have a beer to unwind' it keeps saying.
It sounds like you’re saying your AV is dancing around happy and tempting, and YOU are angry and moody. That’s the opposite of Addictive Voice Recognition Technique.

I keep telling it no.
Wrong, YOU are not telling it “no”. IT is the one who is telling YOU “no”.

IT likes YOU to play the game IT is Mommy and YOU are a 2 year old wanting to get into the cookie jar (booze bottle).

“No” just means “Later” when you’ve been good and practiced some self-denial for a little while.

In Addictive Voice Recognition Technique the ONLY way EVER to react to the Addictive Voice saying ‘Have a beer to unwind’ is say “NEVER” (not “no”) and simply repeat what you have already decided - “I WILL NEVER DRINK AGAIN!”

Every time you think of drinking THAT IS ALL YOU NEED TO DO. And after that ten-second-long interruption in your life is over, just get on with what you were doing.

If what you were doing is something you don’t really like to do, there absolutely NO reason that activity has anything to do with you getting drunk again.

I’ll leave YOU do the Addictive Voice Recognition Technique on the last sentence in your AV’s post.

If it wouldn’t keep pushing up things to agrivate me it wulsnt be an issue.
Let us know what you come up with.

GT