View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 09:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Marcutah1

Wildhorses, My stepdaughter finally came out of hiding in her bed room all of the time when she met a girl a the place she kept her horse. Her horse was the only place where she socialized with other girls her age. This girl ( we missed this coming) she met unbeknownst to us hung around a questionable crowd. She fell in love with a bad character and he took her down the road to gangs, meth and being part of a theft ring. Much praying, helping, being there for her only brought us to more heartache. After he "friends" broke into our house when we were away and cleaned me out (they did not touch anything of her mom's) we had to make the biggest decision of our lives to date. We had to ask her to decide being in and out of jail or leave the group and remain in the home. She chose the gang. The Judge finally through the book at her and sentenced her to 1 year in prison. That was the best thing that happened. She met someone in prison who got through to her and she turned her life around. Today she is a loving , hard working mother of two. All of this to say that you have to protect you and your children. It seems your man has not hit rock bottom yet. Maybe the realization that he needs to choose between you and the kids or the next high will get him to do what it takes. I have no idea what it it's like to stop hard drugs. Alcohol is hard enough. Right now the kids are first and foremost. My prayers to you both.