View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 06:40 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

You inspire me with the way your mind processes all this, Kathy. I am glad you are finding comfort in so many places and so many ways...perhaps not in the truffle, but that wasn't even about the stinking truffle now was it.

Sometimes our problems need to be kicked to the curb, even if it takes a sharp moment or throwing a truffle. I have a dammit pillow that has been with me through a lot of rough times and still holds together, perhaps telling me that I can hold together too...or not...I can lean on the pillow to get me through. I think God is like that too, He doesn't mind when we get mad at Him or can't find anything to say to Him sometimes. He is there for us, always has been, always will be.

When my life was upside down when my husband and I were both going through cancer treatments, these are the words that calmed my sea. I wrote them on the front of the appointment book that I carried everywhere back in those days. More than once, it was what connected me to God and sanity and the ability to make it through each day.

Love you, Kathy, and hope today brings you peace.