View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 06:38 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
ByAThread

Me, too...same story (almost)...at times so fed up, and yet not ready to leave or end it...love my house, but it's not a home right now...at least he is finally employed after 5 months not, but he'll soon lose this job, too, since he chooses to continue to drink...not fooling anyone but himself. I try to do my thing...try HARD to stay out of his face...sometimes it's impossible, since we share a home, marriage, pets, and decisions have to sometimes be discussed. But certainly not any fun right now. I find I now feel more depressed, stressed, tired when I come HOME, rather than when I'm at work! At least tonight I made myself a nice dinner (he didn't wake from his stupor to have any), enjoyed it, and am relaxing, doing what I want to do, despite his heavy snoring in his passed out state. Good news is he's gotten used to retreating to the "guest room" when he's drinking, so I don't have to sleep with him. I guess when I've had too much, I'll leave. For now, hanging in and trying to take care of me...although there are some additional things I need to do in that department. All in time. Best to you all!