Thread: Tired.
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2018, 07:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
ScottFromWI
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Lipstuck View Post
Posting here for accountability. I have not been able to achieve or maintain any days without wine at night. It is directly linked to my insane schedule and the fact that I have about 45 minites tops to wind down every night. I understand that I will have more energy, better sleep, and a more positive outlook when I'm not drinking anymore, but that's hard to remember at the end of an exhausting day, when I'm getting ready for another exhausting day and no break in sight. Will try try again tonight and hope for a win.
Hope everyone is well and having a good day/night. Best of luck to everyone!
Welcome back lipstuck. A lot of us have insane schedules, but i think it's important to remember that's not the reason we drink. We drink because we are alcoholics and we have issues dealing with life. And as you point out, drinking doesn't help - it makes it worse actually.

How about instead of waiting and "hoping" that you can stay sober tonight - make a plan. Write it down if you have to. You could log in here for example and join in some conversation with others who seek the same thing you do - or some that already have it. Or you could go to a recovery meeting. Or maybe just go for a walk?

Bottom line - if you want sobriety, you can have it. You just have to make it a high priority and plan to do it.