Thread: Anyone else?
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2018, 06:54 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
zjw

I always like your mindset of "i dont drink" or "i'm not a drinker" my mind set is "i'm an alcholic dont give me a drink" and I think your outlook is a bit healthier.

I was offered booze by some band members this month a few times at parades. Now the ones that offered know I was a raging alcholic. I dunno why but for some reason early on i mentioned it to them. They offer I smile and say aaaaa 1 drink is 1 too many and a million would never be enough. They just chuckle and we move on.

I love the fact that they offer tho. Because it makes me feel as if i'm being treated as an equal. Not some less then drunk who cant handle his booze. See years back i was around family who all decided to drink and hide it form me like i was some lepar in the room oh dont let mr fire water over there see it he might relapse or something. so they all hid it etc.. I Found that more offensive. I liked being treated like a human offer me a drink allow me to say no and move on.

So yeah I like being able to say Nah I dont drink. I like being able to have the opportunity to say that every now and then.