Old 10-29-2018, 04:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Hechosedrugs

Their visitation is at a "professional" facility- but there are no real regulations for supervisors in CA. People simply take a class and get a certificate. Our monitor actually let him drive the kids around- I was so pissed. It's a little known fact that it is actually illegal to drive while addicted in CA- and one need not actually be under the influence! All it takes is to be able to show that a person is a confirmed addict and is not-here's the kicker- enrolled in a drug treatment program (and my ex is not). But my lawyer didn't know about this, and I don't even think most judges do.

Where am I now? Back from another court date. Just had one today! Ex keeps trying to retaliate. I mean, it's better than getting sober, right?

It's a really difficult road, and what makes it all the more difficult is most people don't understand. I hate having to explain why I'm always going to court. I feel like a criminal!

Good luck to you. Remember to always trust your gut. You are probably right that he will say you must not have been that concerned if you allowed the visit, but if you don't allow it, he'll get you for that as well. Sometimes you have to choose the option that sucks less.