Old 10-27-2018, 02:59 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Willow00

Zoeydog 3 dogs sounds so awesome ❤️ I love dogs ❤️ I’ve always had dogs in my home ever since I was a baby and I was just saying to my partner this morning that I want to get another dog one day. Currently we just have 1 cat. My partner wont allow dogs inside the house which is why I don’t currently have a dog. My last one passed away years ago and I won’t have a dog that I can’t have inside as part of the family. Hmmmm. I’m going to have to think more about this situation...

MB I had kinda figured you may not be a cat person

Bim I admire your steadfast approach to not drinking. I am trying so hard to get rid of the AV from my thoughts but man it’s a slippery piece of work. I don’t want to drink at all ever, but lately those “maybe for a special occasion” thoughts have been trying to sneak back in. I need to be more determined somehow.

LHW I’ve had soooo many day 1s. This is my longest stint alcohol free since I was 15. That’s 35 years. I’m on day 168 today. If I drank I’d have to go back to day 1. Because I know how hard it is for me to make day 2, then day 3, then day 4. And days 5 & 6 & 7 are even harder, because they’re generally Friday, Saturday & Sunday. And I’ve managed to get to Friday a number of times without drinking (less often leading up to my epiphany about my drinking when I joined SR and actually really stopped drinking). But getting through that first Friday, Saturday and Sunday derailed me soooo many times. And it was getting harder and harder to even get to Friday. For months on end I wouldn’t get through Monday without caving in, sometimes at lunchtime (to just tide me over). I don’t want to have to do that again. Reading my withdrawal diary (which included numerous day 1s) reminds me of the hellish nightmare it was. No more day 1s for me.

A beautiful Sunday morning here
Have a great day everyone