View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 07:36 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  
amp123

Hey! Hoping you guys are well? I don't post on here so much these days but I certainly enjoy getting updates from you guys. It's been just the three of us for a long time now but I don't really mind. Still think about Cauliflower and OMD sometimes though... We were the CASIOs after all!

I'm doing pretty well at the moment. The enrollment figures at work have come good (not amazing but good enough) and I can relax financially. I've been thinking we were about to go to the wall for about two years now so it is an amazing relief hto ave that load off. Certain areas of our offices are looking a bit shabby and we need to replace a few PCs, etc, so finally I can begin to put things right. It's a tough game running your own business but we're still here. Time will tell what happens in the future!

Regarding music, I'm supposed to be getting the new record out this autumn but it's really hard to find the time to rehearse with the band. I dropped out of the music scene after I gave up drinking and since I got involved again I am much more relaxed about things. A few years ago I'd have been hassling everyone and hussling to get the record out, but now I'm really easy. If it comes out in autumn, great, and if it's spring that's good too. It's not as if the music is going to suddenly go out of fashion! We've been playing a lot of the songs for 7 or 8 years anyway!

I just finished 20 physio sessions on my foot, but I know it's still not right. It aches when I stand up after rest and sometimes at night. I'm going to get some tailormade insoles made and we'll see how we go but I'm not confident about running on it. Maybe I'll take up cycling...

My wife is going through a tough time. I don't know if I told you but after her father died, she started suffering from hair loss. Guess it is stress related. She's been wearing wigs for a couple of years now, but when we came back from our summer break she decided to bite the bullet and leave the wig at home. Everyone has been very supportive but it's hard for her. I think this is much tougher for a woman than it is for men. She has started seeing a psychologist which I think is helping, but it's an emotional time for her for sure. She's turning 50 in a couple of years and her self esteem is low right now. I'm thankful that I get to be a supportive caring husband instead of a drinker. She needs me and I'm so glad I can be there for her.

Anyway, that's you up to speed with all the latest from sunny Andalusia. Nobody said it was going to be easy, but we're doing ok