View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 12:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Rustoleum

Red face Five and a half days sober...

My journey is back on. I drank every day for the last twenty-three months. I was depressed, anxious and wine was my sedative. Then, I began drinking hard liquor (straight) when I had finished the wine. I was drinking because I was afraid that I would run out of money in my old age. I have also been diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease, but it is well controlled with medication and I pretty much can do anything! As for my finances, I am still working on ,y first million, but expect to get there as I am going back to work at what I love, and it pays very well, too.

I actually wonder sometimes if some of the symptoms I have are related to the two-bottle of wine a day habit and not PD. Well, if I can stay sober, time will tell. Work is a great distraction, as is reading and walking seven kilometres with my dog. It's not a problem at night, the cravings are gone and I sleep pretty well.

Unlike many alcoholics, I did not have a nightmare withdrawal. The sweats and the nausea were the worst I experienced.

I am secular, so the twelve step program won't work for me, It's just nice right now to have this forum of recovering persons who. Have been there. For those just starting their journey, I wish you courage. At sixty-five, I hope to be able to resist the urge to start again.