Old 10-08-2018, 01:54 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Ken33xx

Originally Posted by uncle holmes View Post
That's a tricky one. I guess it also depends on what kind of sexual harassment it was. This me too movement is no joke. By all means sexual harassment is wrong and victims shouldn't have to put up with sexual harassment.

But at the same time you really don't have to do much anymore in this environment and still be accused of sexual harassment when there really was no wrong doing.

The 9th step says, "Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others."

"Others" can also mean you. If there's a chance you can be in serious trouble I wouldn't make amends for this. At least not now. Right now I would put this amend in your Higher Power's hands and ask for forgiveness.
Sounds that would be a rationalization. Outside of perhaps jail time affecting one`s ability to support a family I`m not sure a fear of prosecution works.

You know where to find the person you wronged.

It is up to God and the other person to decided what will happen next.

Now... having said that. After getting sober I owned a very large company a lot of money. A good 10 grand or more and I was pretty much broke. I could afford to payback maybe a thousand or two a year.

Then I heard of one of the local AA gurus share in a meeting they cut corners on their US taxes. They justified it by saying they didn`t agree with what the U.S. President was doing at the time.

I thought how convenient. This guy goes on about rigorous honestly but that doesn`t include paying taxes.

So what about the 10 grand I owed?

Well, I thought if that guy is gong to justify cheating on his taxes than I`m quite sure the company I owned money to could do without it.

And that was that. Was it right thing to do?

Probably not but I justified what I did. I did not actually take money from the company but used equipment without paying.

So to the OP it`s up to you. You know what you did and what you can live with.

Good luck.