View Single Post
Old 10-06-2018, 05:13 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
GreenChair

You're right, hopeful, it sure is broken. Mr. Wonderful's #1 co-defendant is also awol, but #2 had been attending court dates. #2 was supposed to be in court on 9/24. I've had no update from the court about that appearance, other than a letter that he was to be in court on 10/1.

The husband and I took a vacation during the last week of September, and I was sure that I'd have information from the courts waiting in my mail upon returning. Wrong.

Now it's 10/6 - still no updates. I faxed information to the advocate last Wednesday with more information I learned about where Mr. Wonderful may possibly be located, and I asked for information about #2's court appearance outcomes. No reply. So I called on Friday morning, and was told the advocate had "stepped away from her desk" and I left a message asking for an update about #2's court dates of 9/24 and 10/1. She didn't call me back.

I'm so through with this. Especially since my son is doing so well ever since Mr. Wonderful is out of our lives. Son's GF had been in the hospital for much of September and is now in a rehab (physical, not substance). She's only in her mid 20s and had a cardiac issue. !! That's a lot of stress for someone in first year of recovery, but he's handling it!

When my son was not doing well it seemed if he missed a municipal court date that they sent out Dog the Bounty Hunter to find him! But this guy is on the lam with 20 felony indictments, and no one seems to care except me. I've called his cell phone from a private line. It's still active. So I've reminded them of the cell # and suggested using it to find him. I found paperwork he left behind at my house, which included his notebook where he'd written out his credit card number, including the 3 digit code on the back and the customer service #. I provided all of that and asked, can't you find him through his credit card use? But I get no answers!!!

Mr. Wonderful was in active addiction when he stole from us. That doesn't excuse what he did, but it makes it comprehensible. I actually feel MORE victimized by THE AUTHORITIES and their lack of giving a damn.

Rant over :-)