View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 03:53 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Willow00

Hi everyone

Welcome to all the newcomers, this is a great place for support! As long as you’re not scared of snakes and spiders lol

Good that you’re going to the doc Tynesyder. I know my mental state fluctuates a lot and it’s a good idea to talk about it even if you’re feeling good because there seem to be lots of ups and downs when you get sober. Well there has been for me anyway, and others seem to experience the roller coaster ride of sobriety. Lots of emotions that were previously suppressed by alcohol.

Yoga is a way better choice Zoey well done. I haven’t managed any yoga this week but I will definitely be getting back to yoga classes as soon as I get home, it’s so great for physical fitness but also helps my mental health and helps keep me away from the bottle

How did the catch up with the people from rehab go Manta? Well done for pushing yourself to get out and about! I’m inherently introverted and am finding it harder to be sociable without alcohol for a prop. People always thought I was very sociable but I’m realising it really was what they call “dutch courage “ here. I’m not sure why it’s called that? Using alcohol for false courage to meet people anyway.... I have just made it through 3 days with 8 people at a resort and I was sober the entire time. I feel exhausted but relieved. I’m sure they thought I was a bit subdued, but having recently lost my parents they were very kind and understanding. I managed some beach time and a few fun activities in between the boozy lunches that continued on to boozy dinners. Heading home today. It will be very nice to be home and away from all of these bars and everyone drinking all day!

Have a great weekend everyone