Thread: Day 1
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2018, 12:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Roadtorecovery1

Day 1

I’ve decided after a struggle with alcohol for 8 years, I’m finally ready to get my life back in my control and not be dependent on that any more. I’ve had 3 OWIs. I got my first one when I was 19 and then 2 more within the last 3 years. I’m 28, in school, and also work full time. I have too much going on for me to mess up again. I typically drank every night, because I can’t sleep if I don’t. There will be nights when I just have enough to sleep, or I will binge and blackout and then wake up the next morning and start again. I’m out sick from work and had a Saturday -Monday bender where I didn’t get touch a drink until today. I woke up and was so sick, vomiting non stop and still had a BAC of .047 at 8 PM. I’ve had the shakes for the majority of the day and am just now laying in bed with sweats, my hands and feet keep cramping. I’ve taken 2 Benadryl and a muscle relaxer and am unable to sleep. My heart feels like it’s going to pound out of my chest. The longest I’ve gone without alcohol in the past year has been 3 days. I’m really hoping that I can do it this time. I’ll be looking into outpatient programs tomorrow to proactively assist with sobering up.