Old 09-25-2018, 05:31 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Hawking22

This is an awesome thread, thank you for sharing your stories and the others for your shares as well.

I didn't have quite as much time as you, but I recently went back out to do some research myself...thank goodness, like you, I came right back but I could already sense I was letting that beast out again and it could so stinking easily turn into a bloody nightmare.

It sucks sometimes, and I find myself conveniently leaving the part about me being in recovery out when I'm talking to a prospect, which bothers me. I want to give off the "I'm normal" impression so desperately. But as another poster mentioned, it's funny how in the past when I have drunk on dates to "fit in", I start noticing the raised eyebrow ("another shot? Hm, wow") it becomes quickly obvious I'm not normal, and I scare them away.

You inspired and the others have inspired me and reminded me that until I'm comfortable in my sobriety, maybe it's not the time for me to re-enter their world, and invite new people into my life. You sound in a very stable place though, and good luck with the lucky gal!