Old 09-25-2018, 04:58 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
seekingcalm

3. Acknowledge that as one person changes, everything changes. Sometimes getting out of the fallout zone for a while can be a really good thing. Coming back to these relationships in the future, if drawn to this, will reveal more.

This...this is what I needed to see today. Thank you.
It's been a month and a half since I have seen, spoken, been in touch with my son. I won't label him, not my place, but when he drinks, he drinks too much, and when he drinks too much, he is mean and nasty and resentful and illogical...the last time it was directed at me. So I backed off, but honestly, I sent him a note...something light and inspirational, and I included him in a group text with his sister that he ignored.
Not quite sure how to reestablish contact with him, or if I should. It makes me feel sad not to have any contact with him, and I guess the way back to some sort of relationship is unclear to me. But I think I will just sit with this for a bit, rather than force anything. I do believe the Universe will provide. This is hard.

Thank you for all the wisdom and experience and support I get here. Thank you all.