View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 07:15 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Amusic

Originally Posted by hearthealth View Post
I've been sleeping on the couch the last few nights also. It is so hard to be detached when he's in the same space. Make sure there is space between you and him. It sounds like he is not grasping how serious you are this time. My husband was overly nice until I stopped the divorce. It is better but not the marriage I envisioned since he is not in recovery and really doesn't see a problem. H does not have a problem I do.

I am working more hours. Saving as much money as possible. Keeping myself busy with our children and my life. Planning for our future without him. Not including him unless I outright have to. If I give in I'll just have more of the same.
It's so sad that there are so many of us living this lonely mentally twisted life with someone who seems to not be affected by any of the drama. I thought that when I called the police and he spent 4 days in jail that would be his rock bottom and he would realize that alcohol is ruining his life and ours. But instead there's no thought process about it and he continues to carry on as if everyone is to blame and he's just enjoying life getting wasted. I don't have any kids but I feel like I'm living with a wild teenager. He has disrespected me so many times in front of our friends that I'm embarrassed to be seen with him. I've spent the evening looking online at rentals and everything is so expensive. I live in Los Angeles. My heart goes out to you and I really hope that all of us suffering can find our way out. And the alcoholics in our lives will find a way out of their addiction as well. Thank you for posting. It's good to know I'm not alone.