Old 09-18-2018, 07:55 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
alienbaby5

Originally Posted by atalose View Post
Closure happens right after you ACCEPT that letting go and moving on is more important than projecting a fantasy of how the relationship could have been.

Usually when one person is holding out for closure after someone else has broken up with them, it’s because they are still trying to hold onto the relationship.
After reading this a million times over... you're right. For now, there is still that part of me holding onto hope -- that things could maybe work out after time (like I've said before, I am a firm believer that if something is meant to be, it will be, and at the right time).

Originally Posted by atalose View Post
This is when you hear the saying – let go or be dragged. Don’t keep hurting and disappointing yourself.

You can’t look to the person who hurt you in the first place and expect them to heal you and make you feel better, that’s not going to happen.

It stinks, I know and it hurts but the longer we prolong that hurt, keep that hurt alive we cannot heal.
I haven't contacted him since Sunday; I know that is only a little over 24 hours, but it is a big improvement for me.

I am slowly beginning to realize, all my attempts to contact him are doing nothing for me. I already know he won't respond, so I am not quite sure why I keep trying... I am not sure if it makes me feel better that I have tried or what, but some small sense of peace comes over me once I have an episode and get what I want to say to him off my chest.

Doing the best I can to try and let go of him, but I only wish it were that easy. I constantly think about him, his health, if anything bad were to happen that I would not even know... that is what kills me the most. 4 months of plans and goals to get better, for us to be better, only to be shattered in a single day, in a matter of hours.

I constantly ask myself "why?".....