View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 10:40 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Glenjo99

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
How about trying "wandering off"?

You are in a rut of sorts, before looking at codependency you were in a rut of rumination about him. Now it sounds like you are in a rut of thoughts about codependency.

Think of it like walking around a big oblong dirt track, pondering. Nothing wrong with that in general, but it gets old and boring and repetitive.

What happens if you wander off the track? Half way around the track you take a right turn and start wandering that way. Where does that take you? To the library every day? To a yoga class, to a waterpark? Camping for the weekend? To a cooking class.

What if you decided to become really really good at making 4-5 Asian dishes (or Italian etc, whatever appeals to you) and you pursued that. Take some classes in it, the benefit is two fold, you meet others with similar interests and you get good at something you enjoy.

Do you have theatre in your city, have you ever been? Musicals? Can you act at all, ever thought about joining a small theatre company?

Wander off the path, it's well worn and it is your home base and place of comfort but it's time to expand it perhaps?
I think it maybe time to expand a bit. Starting yoga tomorrow night. Also feeling like I need to have FUN majorly. Everything is a bit grey and repetitive just now so my goal for this week is more fun, listen to music more and lay off the books and spiritual teachers! I love them but the I listen to them I can feel overwhelmed or even inadequate because I haven't been able to do what they say, or feel what they say I should lol! Time to relax and take a break from them for few days and feel real life as it is.