View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 12:26 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Freshstartagain

Today is day 2! I’m surprised I got this far tbh. I can’t remember the last time I was this tired after a full nights sleep... I’m off to work. I’m worried how I will handle a stressful day. Normally it’s with far too much wine for a Monday evening. Maybe tonight I’ll do some knitting, go to the gym, catch up on sleep! I think if I get home without bypassing the pub I’ll be ok.

Thank you for all your advice. It’s so helpful.

Originally Posted by Calitano View Post

And even if it were a lot more frequent: you can choose to be there or not and accept the (most likely imaginary) consequences. You can spin/explain/stay mysterious about your absence or you can find a company with a culture more in line with your sober values. You can even choose to just go to the gym or the movies and not give it any thought at all. Basically, you can choose to view and handle it as anything but a "this is hard and not fair" scenario (with I'm prone to do).

These days I try to plan and pick whichever strategy leaves me in the best mental place and trust in my sober self to make the healthiest choices for me.

Perhaps you can reframe or plan a better fit too?

PS thanks Hevyn!
I hope to get to a point where I can pick the best strategy without feeling awkward and overthinking what people think of me! For now I’ll probably go with avoidance...