View Single Post
Old 09-14-2018, 03:03 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
dsmaxis10

Originally Posted by Gottalife View Post
There is a guy called Bob D who does tremendously interesting talks on the 12 steps. The only problem is he goes incredibly deep and it takes a bit of getting into.

The other speaker I am a fan of is Chris R, who does some dynamic talks on the program relating to his experience of having been mislead by well intentioned people in AA and almost dying as a result. He is a passionate speaker, but his message is simple and easily understood. I first heard him when I was 20 something years sober, and he completely changed my outlook.

Both these speakers can be found on Odomtology, and XA speakers.

There are lots of other speakers who are wonderful to listen to bu, in a sense, they are like the stories in the back half of the book. They share what they used to be like, what happened, and what they are like now, but often they to specifically go into how YOU can recover. They can inspire you, without giving you direction in terms of the action you can take.

Also Katie and Charlie P are well worth a listen.
I agree with Chris R relax and take it easy with your family not the steps. It's been my silver bullet for 80 days I'm all in