Old 09-14-2018, 01:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
atalose

He says he will never be content again in life, losing the one person that was always there for him. These actions lead me to believe there is some hope for us in the future, unfortunately.
Those aren’t actions, those are just words, two very different things.

Part of me believes he doesn't want me to let go (because he has said this a couple times before and after a week of me not contacting him, he would text me "are you really moving on?"),
Not to diminish how he may have felt about you at one time and what the two of you shared, active addicts tend to reduce everyone in their life to being a resource. He keeps you hooked with his words, maybe in case where he is at today all falls apart and he needs a soft landing like he did when he was kicked out of sober living. He's thrown all kinds of unacceptable behavior at you yet you keep wanting to hold on.

I just want to believe something good could potentially come from this. That maybe this was his final wake up call to get his act straight.
I wouldn’t count on that. What we see and feel could and should be their rock bottom is just the addict in typical addict behavior. You’d be surprised how many hit a bottom only to pick up a shovel and keep on digging.

It's very hard letting go believe me I know, been there done that but it really is the only healthy thing we can do for ourselves.