View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 03:12 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
pdm22

Originally Posted by Glenjo99 View Post
Hi pdm22, no I'm not familiar with those at all but I will look into them.

I do have a hard time letting go of things in general, or when things are over, I get very morbid and down. For example when birthdays, holidays, even a good film are over I get excessively sad so you might be on to something.

Yeh detachment has been the hardest part for me particularly because of the abrupt way it happened. I'm learning I can't control anyone only myself and I'm responsible for my own self care, loving myself and building my confidence. Doesn't stop me ruminating some times on him and the situation though, but I expect that's normal, I'm only 2 months into codependency recovery.
Me too, I have a very hard time with things like that. Very sentimental and emotional. I also seem to be wired for long term/ long distance relationships, and can go months or even years not speaking to people I’ve bonded with, and with some of those people, we can pick up right where we left off. Which is kind of cool sometimes, in other ways it can be problematic. I think it’s the being able to mentally time travel like that, being oriented in the present doesn’t come easily.

Please look up the song “A Song About Late Night Nostalgia” by Ollie MN, I wanted to send that YouTube link to you but I can’t do the link yet.. I think maybe you’ll relate to it