View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 11:27 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Glenjo99

Originally Posted by honeypig View Post
Glenjo, here is something that I came across in my early recovery. At the time, it was pretty cold comfort, but now that some time has passed, I can see how true it really is. Lately my recovery is pointing me towards the Buddhist beliefs about impermanence and change, and finding ways to apply those teachings to my own life is making a difference already.

I hope this helps you, if not now, then later:

A Reason, a Season, a Lifetime

People come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime.

When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed or just felt. They have come to assist you through a hard time, to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually. Then, suddenly, the person disappears from your life. Your need has been met; their work is done.

Some people come into your life for a SEASON, because your turn has come to share or grow or give back. They bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh. They give you great joy. Believe it; it is real. But only for a season.

Lifetime relationships teach you lifetime lessons—things you must build upon to have a solid emotional foundation. Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person and put what you have learned to use in all your other relationships.

Think about the people in your life over the years. Whether they were there for a reason, a season or a lifetime, accept them and treasure them for however long they were meant to be part of your life.

And when they are gone, be thankful for the gifts you received from them when they were here—for a reason, a season or a lifetime.

I love this, it's the second time this has been brought to my attention this week so it must be a sign! Going to print it off and put up on my wall. Thanks