Old 09-05-2018, 07:05 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
lessgravity

Originally Posted by Accord1 View Post
Congrats on five months. I’m at five and a half. In the beginning, I never thought I’d get here. I’m new here and I’m sure this has been asked at nauseum, but has it gotten any easier for you? I find myself pleasantly bored out of my mind occasionally.
That's a great line - pleasantly bored - love it. My work situation - I'm making a major/high-risk career move as we speak - has me NOT feeling bored - but I do know the feeling you identify. I call it peace - something I don't remember ever experiencing in my life.

And yes - it definitely feels like it is easier now. Not sure how or what, maybe was time, maybe circumstance, maybe age, maybe just being sick and tired of being sick and tired but I just know, deep in my bones, that I am DONE with drinking. So even when a thought flits across my head about booze - I see it as just a thought of something that is long gone, like missing an ex-girlfriend. It was something I had, some time ago, and I no longer have it. For example I finished some yardwork the other day, the sun was setting, and I had the image of cracking a beer - but I KNEW I was not going to have a beer. It was just a thought. And the evening moved on.

Also being committed to a better life - family, friends, self, health, society - is something I can actually work on. Rather than just work on the world of lies I had to create to keep drinking.