View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 11:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Stayingsassy

Originally Posted by BullDog777 View Post
I remember asking myself a lot fundamental questions too. They may have been worded differently, but essentially the underlying theme was the same.

As scary as some of those questions are, getting to the answers can be incredibly liberating.

Your closing in on a year. I got really introspective right around then. I relied very heavily on you all as a guide to help me stay the course. Anniversaries were always really difficult for me but I'm weird. You seem to be a lot more grounded than I was.
Ha. I feel like I'm spinning off into the abyss sometimes. I'm able to handle things now, though.

Things seem so surreal sometimes. Like I made one small decision and kept it, and my entire life became something completely different. My circumstances are still the same, because I still had an intact life the day I stepped out of the darkness, but in my head everything has changed.

I'm struck by how at this time last year; just before quitting I was so deep into the liquor and living from drink to drink and now it's all....changed. Yet one drink, just one, and I go back into the endless loop with only a harrowing journey back out, if I get back out at all. It gives life significance to not take that drink.

Life in Technicolor can be a lot to take in some times, but it is not boring.