View Single Post
Old 08-30-2018, 03:29 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
snitch

Hey all

Aww strawb. Well done for not going for the hair of dog. You will feel so much better tomorrow.

I am in India . I woke up late this am my alarm didnt go off! I was all packed, uniform ironed, all organised the night before so I jumped out of bed, 5 min shower, dressed, even made tea to go and out the door make up done at work! In the car I thought about how different it would have been if I had been drinking. I would have felt like death warmed up to start with, prob sick too, would have looked awful, it would have been like walking through mud trying to get ready so quick and something else came to me... that stale taste of wine in early hours even after brushing teeth like 10 times!! It was weird, I felt like I could actually taste it and it reminded me of how awful it was!
It wasn't like that today. Yes I was rushing but it was fine. I had my.music on in the car and was drinking my tea and I got in with time to spare, got a healthy brekkie of fruit and yogurt and had a nice chilled easy flight (it was half empty yey!) and am now just sat in bed watching tv and looking forward to a well earned sleep! Oh and my uniform was soooo much looser today too! Yippee!!

I know what it is like to struggle with the desire to drink. I loved drinking. I loved wine and how the first few drinks made me feel. I still crave that feeling. But is a couple of hours of the "good" worth the days/weeks/months/years(!) of misery that follow. And thats if i make it years or even months. My alcoholism wants me dead. Years ago I was a member of Women For Sobriety. One of the mods there had a signature that said "give up one thing so you can have everything". I love that!

Off to bed now. Thank you for all being here. Night x x

P.s Dee, I hope your back is better soon x x