View Single Post
Old 08-28-2018, 03:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Hi Sober Tyger

One of the things I try and share about recovery is it doesn't make me superhuman -= I still have bad days, I still feel stress, I still get complaints made about me, I still worry about the future and I still have to face fear about all kinds of things.

What sobriety gives me is the opportunity to solve those problems - not push them to one side with drink like I used to , but actually solve them.

If your lifes not how you would like it to be you have every opportunity in the world to change it. If you feel you need more help with dealing with stress soberly you can find that too.

There's a grab bag of solutions just waiting for you to start looking for them.

Even after several years sober, I still find that exciting

You, me, everyone can live a life that we love .

That doesn't mean that we will always have only good days, or have great jobs, or never get sick - but I've found a faith that says as long as I keep doing the things I know are right (which includes not drinking as well as looking for solutions and opportunities) , my bad day will soon give way to a good one again.

And those bad days - thats what communities like SR and AA are for. - support.

Have you picked your sponsors brains on this?

might be a good starting point if not - the way I read the the 12 steps are not a one and done deal

I hope you have a great celebration this weekend, ST.

D