Old 08-26-2018, 07:45 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  
Plenny

Haha I did break up with them for good reasons. Well, on the subject of the hollowness, I have had some very triggering things happening with my family issues lately, it can sometimes be like getting ripped up by a wave at the beach, and plowed right down into the sand (happened to me in real life once). Suddenly I'm thinking totally differently about my old buddy drinking and I can catch myself unawares. Then I have tricked myself. My family makes me feel the regrets and the emptiness. I am hoping to address the danger I might be in right now and hopefully push through it sober.

Sass, this forum is for all addictions, and it seems like the overwhelming majority are addicted primarily to alcohol. There are many threads dedicated to specific addictions though, specific drugs, other substances, but SR on the whole is meant to be for all addicts. Also, I talk a lot about food as a part of my recovery, but I know it is very tough stuff for some people and sometimes their addictions are transferring to food so I try not to dangle it in front of others and wax poetic about it. Especially since I do have a healthy attitude about my body and eating in general. I do miss writing about it, but like you said about likening your sugar issues to Cow's caffeine issues, I have stopped because I feel it may make others uncomfortable and we gotta keep it a safe space. Even safe from my pork chops and chocolate cake.