View Single Post
Old 08-26-2018, 03:06 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
FindingAmy

LLLisa, I totally get it. I too found comfort in others understanding my pain when I came here, but I found more comfort in those saying that there is another side to this. And you aren't in this forever. There is an end to your pain.

It took me a long time to get to gratitude. I was angry and lost and resentful and confused, full of shame and guilt and everything that goes along with being involved with an alcoholic. It was in no way meant to belittle what we have all felt walking that walk or in any way take away from those feelings. I honor that in everyone experiencing what they are experiencing.

My point was just that sometimes we get so caught up in what we feel they did to us, or the hell that they put us through. And it's all real and it's all valid, but sometimes we just need to breathe and sit back and find a sliver or gratitude. Even just a sliver. Something to hold on to letting us know we are ok and we are loved.

I am truly sorry if you felt offended by my words. Just trying to give out a bit of hope that there is a light at the end of all of this.