Old 08-26-2018, 08:01 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  
Plenny

Originally Posted by soberista View Post
I cant say I identify with this Eckhart Tolle. I have read his books etc so find understanding in a great deal of what he writes about however this hollow feeling I am trying to describe is not of the mind, not of thought (hence possibly why I cant put it into words). I tried to put my finger on it yesterday, meditate on it, I just ended up crying and still at a loss as to explain where it comes from. And by the time I had got my meditation at its door....it was gone. The only way I can put it into words is as though there is this sudden overwhelming feeling of emptiness that washes over me. And in a way its not a bad or negative feeling...its just a void for a moment and then life kicks back in a again. I shall raise it to consciousness today and whilst painting watch wait and see.
I visited my boyfriend recently while he was in the middle of a depression resulting in a bender. He was on the end of it but kept describing how empty he felt. He seemed very scared. I understand totally and woke up full of the hollow thing yesterday morning. I think it's back in its cave for now...